Police Searching For Burglar Who Ransacked Murray Business
MURRAY, Utah — Murray Police said they’re searching for a burglar after a late night break-in at a well-known trading card store on 4800 South.
Surveillance video caught the incident on tape as the burglar used his own car to smash into a store front window.
“He gives it a bump, and that doesn’t work the first time, so I think he picked up some speed,” said store owner Heidi Storrs.
Surveillance showed the burglar walk into the Overtime Cards, a trading card and hobby store, with his pants falling off and what looks like a cape on his shoulders, which appears to be an improvised disguise.
“For some reason, he makes a couple trips, and the second time, he comes in with less stuff on his head and takes his hat off for whatever reason,” said Tanner Powell, a store clerk at Overtime Cards.
The burglar caused significant damage, but didn’t get away with much merchandise. That’s because the employees lock up the good stuff in the safe at night.
The store owner knows it could have been worse, but she is still left with $15,000 in damage.
“It’s hard when you are in small business, it’s just hard,” said Storrs “You feel sick, and then you just want revenge, instantly.”
Police said they’re looking for a white male, with black hair and a black beard, driving a white 4-four door sedan with possible hood damage.
Anyone with information has been asked to call Murray Police at 801-264-2673.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)