Wednesday’s Child: Dorian wants to share love of learning
SALT LAKE CITY — If there is one thing 14-year-old Dorian loves more than anything, it’s elevators.
“I like to press the buttons, but make sure you don’t go to a restricted floor,” he said. Dorian is autistic, and he often focuses on the details of things.
“He loves to explore, loves to learn, especially about things like basements, and elevators,” said Brooke Bills, Dorian’s youth connections advocate with Raise the Future. “He likes to learn about the structures of companies, who the CEO is, and who is under them.”
Dorian has lived in foster care for five years, and he’s looking for a sense of permanency and stability.
“Dorian is the only kid I work with who asks me every time I see him, ‘Have you found me a family yet? Are you still looking? Where are they going to live?’ He’s very curious. He definitely wants a family and is ready for one,” Bills said.
Dorian loves to be in nature and for his Wednesday’s Child feature, he visited Memory Grove in Salt Lake City. While hiking the trails he saw lots of dogs, which he said he likes.
“I like to pet them,” he said.
Dorian loves pizza and Dr Pepper, and he also loves to play video games. He’s a young man with a kind heart and a positive outlook on life. He just hopes he can share all these things with a family soon.
“He is the sweetest child ever,” Bills said.
For more information about Dorian and the other Utah children living in foster care featured on KSL TV, contact Raise the Future at 801-265-0444 or go to raisethefuture.org.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)