I-215 To WB I-80 Ramp Reopens After Another Semi-Truck Crash
SALT LAKE CITY — The ramp from Interstate 215’s west belt to westbound I-80 was closed Wednesday after state troopers said a semi-truck slid off the road and struck a barrier.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said the truck’s cab was left hanging off the east side of the ramp, and no injuries have been reported.
Roden did not give an estimated time for when the ramp would reopen. UHP Maj. Jeff Nigbur urged drivers to slow down
This is the second crash on the ramp this month after a truck was left dangling off the overpass on Aug. 2.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Fire Department said the driver in that crash was able to safely exit the cab.
Troopers said the ramp reopened around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)