Smith’s Chef Jeff’s Recipe For Summer Spaghetti Salad
Aug 19, 2021, 2:17 PM
SALT LAKE CITY — Chef Jeff with Smith’s joined the KSL TV team to show us how to make Summer Spaghetti Salad.
Ingredients for the salad
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- 2 c. blanched or steamed green beans
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ears corn, grill charred, kernels removed
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. toasted pine nuts
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves, torn by hand
- ½ c. shaved parmesan
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Place the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions and NOT a minute more. Drain the noodles and in a large bowl, mix the noodles with half of the prepared dressing. Set aside.
- Place the green beans, cherry tomatoes, corn, red onions, pine nuts, and basil in a separate bowl and toss with the remaining dressing.
- Add the veggie mixture to the pasta mixture along with the shaved parmesan and toss to combine. Top with some chopped parsley for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
KSL 5 TV Live
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)