FOOD & RECIPES
Smith’s Chef Jeff’s Recipe For Summer Spaghetti Salad
Aug 19, 2021, 2:17 PM | Updated: Feb 13, 2023, 1:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Chef Jeff with Smith’s joined the KSL TV team to show us how to make Summer Spaghetti Salad.
Ingredients for the salad
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- 2 c. blanched or steamed green beans
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ears corn, grill charred, kernels removed
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. toasted pine nuts
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves, torn by hand
- ½ c. shaved parmesan
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Place the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions and NOT a minute more. Drain the noodles and in a large bowl, mix the noodles with half of the prepared dressing. Set aside.
- Place the green beans, cherry tomatoes, corn, red onions, pine nuts, and basil in a separate bowl and toss with the remaining dressing.
- Add the veggie mixture to the pasta mixture along with the shaved parmesan and toss to combine. Top with some chopped parsley for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 136150)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 26200)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 9800)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 9341)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 9283)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 6559)