Amber Alert Issued For 2 Abducted Carbon County Children
PRICE, Utah — An Amber Alert has been issued for two children who authorities said were abducted out of Price Friday morning.
The alert was later extended to Oregon and Idaho, as well as for a time in Montana.
Officials with the Carbon County Sheriff’s Office said the suspect was identified as Derek Michael Rowley, who is 6 feet tall and weighs 190 pounds.
He has blonde hair and blue eyes and a tattoo of a crown on the left side of his neck and a tattoo of a skull on his right hand, along with tattoos on his right arm.
Authorities said Rowley has made threats to harm himself and the children. He is the father of one of the victims and is not allowed to contact the boy under a protective order issued in Washington.
Police said Rowley was driving a gold 2004 Chevrolet Silverado with Washington license plates No. C66780T with a flatbed and a white, fifth-wheel camp trailer plate with Washington plates No. 51311AE.
Authorities believe Rowley may be heading to Washington with the victims, but he also has ties to Oregon.
Deputies identified the victims as 8-year-old Manson Rowley, Derek Rowley’s son, and 6-year-old Arson Mangum.
Manson Rowley has blonde hair and blue eyes, is 3-foot-11 and weighs about 50 pounds. He was last seen wearing pajamas.
Mangum has blonde hair and blue eyes, is 3-foot-5, weighs about 40 pounds and was also wearing pajamas.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at 435-637-0890 or simply dial 911.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)