Amber Alert canceled after Carbon County children located
SALT LAKE CITY — An Amber Alert for two children who were believed to have been abducted out of Price has been canceled, according to authorities.
The Utah Department of Public Safety tweeted the alert was canceled around 2 a.m. Saturday, saying the boys had been located and were safe.
Officials with the Carbon County Sheriff’s Office said the suspect, Derek Rowley, and the two boys were located in Elko County, Nevada.
#Utah #AMBERAlert has been canceled Price Communications: C66780T (WA), gold Chevrolet Silverado. Suspect is Derek Michael Rowley who is 6' 190 lbs blonde hair blue eyes. Victim is Manson Rowley who is 8 years old 3'11" 50 lbs blonde hair. See https://t.co/9Ygk40uOOR @AMBERAlert
— Utah Public Safety (@UtahDPS) August 21, 2021
Nevada authorities said they took Rowley into custody near HD Summit along U.S. Highway 93, about 19 miles north of Wells, Nevada, and Interstate 80.
“After being placed into custody, (Rowley) provided Elko County deputies the location of the two missing boys. Elko County deputies went to the location given to them by (Rowley) and were able to locate the two missing boys and their mother.
The Amber Alert was issued Friday morning.
Police believed Rowley was heading to Washington or Oregon with the children. Deputies said he had threatened to harm the children and himself.
He is also the father of one of the victims and was not allowed to contact the boy under a protective order issued in Washington.
Carbon County authorities thanked the public for the tips they received and said their investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)