Police: Three cars damaged, wrong-way driver arrested for DUI in Provo
PROVO, Utah — A 28-year-old man was arrested after police said he was driving the wrong way on Interstate 15 lanes in Provo while under the influence of alcohol.
Officers said they were dispatched to I-15 as the driver, who was identified as Lee Liston, was approaching Provo by driving a Ford Focus southbound in northbound I-15 lanes on Aug. 16.
Troopers stopped northbound traffic and attempted a pit maneuver, which officers said caused the driver to crash near the University Avenue exit.
Police said Liston admitted to drinking vodka and had slurred speech and poor balance. He allegedly had a blood alcohol content of 0.144 — nearly triple the legal limit in Utah.
According to court documents, three vehicles had severe damage and one trooper sustained injuries to his neck and back.
Liston was booked into the Utah County Jail on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)