Man in custody after shooting at officers, barricading himself inside Lehi residence
LEHI, Utah — A man was taken into custody Saturday night after he fired shots at officers and barricaded himself inside a residence in Lehi, according to police.
Sgt. Lane Larsen with the Lehi Police Department said officers were dispatched to the area of 80 South and 1600 West around 5:20 p.m. Saturday after a neighbor reported hearing a gunshot from the back side of the home.
Officers then arrived on scene, entering the backyards of neighboring homes in order to get a better view, according to Larsen.
After they found the backyard empty, officers set up a perimeter and waited for SWAT to arrive.
During that time, Larsen said officers heard two gunshots coming from inside the residence.
A short time later, shots were fired out the front of the home, in the direction of officers.
Officers returned fire, but no one was hit.
Larsen said the suspect then barricaded himself inside the residence.
Around 8:45 p.m., negotiators were able to talk the man out of the home, where officers took him into custody and transported him to the hospital.
The man’s name has not been released.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)