Utah woman’s fiancé trying to get out of Afghanistan
PLEASANT VIEW, Utah — A Utah woman sparked an unexpected romantic relationship with a man from Afghanistan, who said he’s now trapped in the conflict near Jalalabad and desperately trying to get out.
Kellie Joy of Pleasant View talks with her fiancé every day using Facebook messenger.
She said it’s interesting and terrifying to get a first-hand account of what it’s like to live in war-torn Afghanistan.
“We wake up to so many choices in life and it’s beautiful,” said Joy about living in the United States. “But, there, it’s like you don’t know if you’re going to be blown up. You don’t know if your electricity is going to go out. You don’t know if you’re going to have water. You don’t know if you’re going to die.”
She said it’s obvious by the way her fiancé talks that things are getting worse every day.
Now, she hopes to find a way to get her long-distance boyfriend out of this difficult situation by hiring an immigration attorney.
“Our dream is to be married and have a nice simple life. The main thing is just to be together,” said Joy.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)