Traffic impacted after semi-truck crashes on I-15, killing driver
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — A semi-truck driver has died after the vehicle crashed into a wall on Interstate 15 in Pleasant Grove.
The incident happened near Pleasant Grove Boulevard just after 2:30 p.m. Monday.
Driver Alert: There is a crash SB I-15 at PG Blvd (MP 276) in Pleasant Grove. Expect delays in the area now and through the PM commute. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze before travel. @UDOTRegionthree @UtahTrucking @UtahDOT pic.twitter.com/KWXM0r2swL
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) August 23, 2021
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said a tire blew on the semi-truck, sending the vehicle into the left wall.
As a result, the driver was ejected and died on scene.
The four left lanes on southbound I-15 were shut down for several hours while crews investigated and cleared the crash.
The driver’s name has not been released.
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7005)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 5837)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before Frontrunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 5000)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4518)
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dead at 73 (pageviews: 3279)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3198)