Family donates $100K to Utah Food Bank in honor of late sister
SALT LAKE CITY — The family of a late Salt Lake City resident is donating $100,000 to the Utah Food Bank in her honor.
Family members said food insecurity was an issue close to Heather Farr, a Salt Lake City resident who recently died at the age of 42.
“When Heather and I were teenagers, there were days when our family struggled to put food on the table”, said Robin Lally, Farr’s sister and co-president of the Michael & Robin Lally Forward Foundation. “The relief that we felt receiving food donations is hard to describe. Heather would have loved knowing that countless Utahns will receive this much-needed support.”
The Utah Food Bank said one in six adults and one in five children in Utah are unsure where their next meal is coming from. The nonprofit is able to turn every $1 donated into $8 of goods and services for Utahns through community partnerships and donations.
“This generous donation will ensure thousands of families won’t have to worry about where their next meal is coming from,” said Ginette Bott, president and CEO of the Utah Food Bank. “Especially with the impact COVID-19 is causing, our services are needed now more than ever. Food insecurity is increasing exponentially, even amongst Utahns who have never needed help before.”
The Forward Foundation said the donation will honor Farr’s memory and create a significant, positive impact in the community she loved.
“Life is short,” said Robin Lally. “Let’s care for each other and work together to uplift the people around us.”
For more information on how you can help, visit utahfoodbank.org.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)