Three people arrested after leading police on chase in Tooele County
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — Two men and one woman were arrested after officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety said they sent police on a chase in Tooele County.
The incident began around 7:30 a.m. Sunday when a Utah Highway Patrol trooper tried to stop a pickup truck on state Route 36 for an equipment issue.
Officials said the truck didn’t stop, but it was later found abandoned in a neighborhood, with a woman running nearby.
She was taken into custody without incident.
The male suspect, who was said to be driving the pickup truck, was found getting into another pickup truck with a male driver.
The two then set off a pursuit in the foothills above Lake Point, authorities said.
Officers from UHP, Tooele County Sheriff’s Office, Grantsville Police Department and Tooele Police Department set up containment on the dirt roads in the area, while a DPS helicopter was called out.
The helicopter kept an eye on the two men “after he broke through a fence to get back on city roads,” read a DPS press release.
After traveling through several fields and breaking down in a field near Rush Valley, police were able to arrest the men.
Fortunately, officials said no one was injured during the incident.
The suspects’ names have not been released.
View this post on Instagram
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)