Man killed in crash involving 2 semi-trucks
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A man was killed Monday morning in a crash involving two semi-trucks on state Route 201.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said they were notified around 10 a.m. of a semi driving three to five miles per hour near milepost 11, and then received a call shortly thereafter of a crash.
They said a semi-truck that was traveling in the right lane crashed into the back of the slow-moving semi, killing the driver.
UHP later identified that man as Al Fhuere, 29, of Nebraska.
S.R. 201 was closed for several hours in the westbound direction while crews investigated the crash.
Cleared: The crash on WB SR-201 at 5600 W (MP 11) in West Valley City has been cleared and all lanes are open. Expect residual delays in the area. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze before travel. @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahTrucking https://t.co/Sijm5cNpOd
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) August 30, 2021
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)