Harmons Chef Lesli’s recipe for green chile chicken enchiladas
SALT LAKE CITY — If you’re looking to spice up your regular weeknight meals, Chef Lesli Sommerdorf from Harmons has just the thing — green chile chicken enchiladas.
Green chile chicken enchiladas
Total Time: :45
- 6-7 fresh green chiles, such as Hatch
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Harmons rotisserie chicken
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded Jack cheese
- Mexican crema, for serving
Roast chiles over open flame until charred, turning often, about 5 minutes. Or, roast chiles in a 400° oven for 20-30 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let steam for 10 minutes. Using gloves and a paring knife, remove skins, stems, and seeds from chiles.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Bring a saucepan full of salted water to boil over high heat. Add onion, garlic, and cilantro and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Pour ingredients through a fine-mesh sieve. Transfer to a blender. Add 7 chiles, chicken broth, oregano, cumin, and season with salt and pepper, and blend until smooth. Taste and test for heat level. Add other chile and puree until smooth, if desired. Add reserved cooking liquid if sauce is too thick.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons oil. When oil shimmers, add tortillas, 1 at a time, and cook until lightly golden on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Place 2-3 spoonfuls sauce in bottom of 9” x 13” baking dish. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, add 2-3 tablespoons chicken to center of tortilla, sprinkle with onion, cheese, and pour 1 spoonful sauce. Roll enchilada up and place seam side down into baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken, and onion. Reserve 3/4 cup cheese and 3/4 cup sauce. Pour remaining sauce over center of enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake enchiladas until cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Serve with crema.
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 45491)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 34639)
- Moab Police responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend (pageviews: 21205)
- Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13494)
- Moab police say they responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12568)
- One killed, another injured after industrial incident at University Hospital (pageviews: 12003)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman named person of interest (pageviews: 10881)
- Moab police say they responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend (pageviews: 10278)
- Surgeries halted as Utah kidney patient waits for transplant (pageviews: 9533)