One man injured in shooting at Liberty Park; police searching for suspect
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for a suspect who they said shot a man who was trying to break up a fight at Liberty Park.
Lt. Steve Wooldridge with the Salt Lake City Police Department described the suspect as a white male, between 19 and 24 years old, wearing a dark hoodie and shorts and carrying a backpack.
Police said a fight broke out between two men at the park Tuesday night, when another man intervened.
That person was struck in the head with a gun and then shot in the leg, according to Wooldridge.
The victim was then transported to the hospital in serious condition.
Additional details about the incident were not immediately available.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)