Smith’s Chef Jeff Jackson’s recipe for root beer grilled chicken legs
SALT LAKE CITY — If you’re planning to do some grilling over the long weekend Smith’s Chef Jeff Jackson has a recipe you can try.
He’s showing us a twist on grilled chicken, and it involves your favorite root beer.
Root beer grilled chicken legs
Ingredients for the chicken
- 3 lb. package chicken drumsticks
- ¼ c. paprika
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1 c. favorite root beer
- 1 c. ketchup
- ¼ c. orange juice
- ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. liquid smoke
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Make the sauce by adding its ingredients to a pot and stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer and turn the heat to low. Cook 5 minutes and remove from the heat. Place the sauce in a container or jar that has a lid. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 7 days.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the drumsticks and toss to evenly coat the chicken with the seasoning.
- Preheat your grill to high heat. Grill the legs for 3 minutes per side then turn the heat to medium heat. Continue to cook the legs for another 15 minutes turning every 5 minutes.
- Brush all sides of the legs with the root beer sauce and cook another 5 minutes. Brush the legs one more time and remove to a serving platter. Serve hot with more sauce as desired. Enjoy!
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)