Man airlifted from Topaz Mountain after having heart issues
JUAB COUNTY, Utah — Search and rescue crews were called out to Topaz Mountain in Juab County for a 73-year-old man that was reportedly having heart issues.
Lt. Drake Underwood with the Juab County Sheriff’s Office said the man was “in good shape” when crews arrived Saturday afternoon, but he was from out of state and not used to the altitude.
He was in a very remote area of the mountain, so a helicopter was brought in.
The 73-year-old was airlifted out of the area, then transported to Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, according to Underwood.
An update on his condition was not immediately available.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)