Crews investigating Kaysville house fire
KAYSVILLE, Utah — A family has been displaced after a fire damaged their home in Kaysville.
The incident happened in the area of 400 West and Burton Lane around 12:10 p.m. Sunday.
When crews arrived, they found a “well-involved basement fire, with flames venting out of windows at the front of the home,” according to a press release from the Kaysville Fire Department.
Firefighters worked to extinguish the flames from inside the structure.
Just before 1 p.m., they were able to reach control.
Fire officials said there was significant damage to the basement, enough to displace the residents from their home.
Sadly, a dog was killed in the fire, but no civilians were injured.
Fire officials said one firefighter was transported to an area hospital for heat-related illness, but they’ve since been released.
The cause remains under investigation.
Crews from Kaysville, Layton City Fire, North Davis Fire District and Farmington Fire Department responded.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)