Idaho man killed in head-on crash with SLC man
KILGORE, Idaho — A man from Rexburg died after he was involved in a head-on crash with a Salt Lake City man in Kilgore, Idaho.
The incident happened near Camas Road on Cottonwood Loop Road just after 4 p.m. Saturday.
Officials with the Idaho State Police said 20-year-old Cody Hansen of Rexburg, Idaho was driving north on Cottonwood Loop Road when he crossed into oncoming traffic and crashed head-on into a Dodge Power Wagon.
James Kruse, 76, of Salt Lake City was driving that car.
Idaho Police said the roadway wasn’t paved and the visibility was reduced due to blowing dust in the area.
Hansen was wearing a seatbelt, according to police, but he died from injuries he sustained in the crash.
Kruse did not have to be transported to the hospital.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)