SLC police investigating shooting that critically injured one
SALT LAKE CITY — A 55-year-old man was hospitalized in critical condition after he was shot near Redwood Road and 500 South, according to police.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said the shooting occurred Monday morning.
Pedro Hernandez was on his porch, smoking a cigarette, when the driver of a black sedan pulled into his cul-de-sac and fired shots.
He was hit twice by bullets.
Hernandez’s son found him on the porch, bleeding.
“He ran out the front door and seen his dad holding his shoulder,” said Emily Dumas, Hernandez’s daughter-in-law, who lives with him in the home. “My husband ran down here to see if he could see anything.”
If you have any info about this shooting near 500 S & Redwood Rd, call 801-799-3000. Police are also looking for any video or photos taken around the time of the shooting at 6:20 am. #KSLTV pic.twitter.com/q1R02otSmg
— Tamara Vaifanua (@TamaraVaifanua) September 6, 2021
Officers then arrived on scene.
They said this is an area they’re very familiar with.
“We do frequent the area on a relatively regular basis for criminal activity,” said Lt. Andrew Cluff with the Salt Lake City Police Department.
“He got shot in his left arm and it came through his chest,” said Dumas.
Police said they’re investigating the shooting, but, so far, they have very little information.
“We are doing everything possible to identify the suspects and bring them to justice,” said Cluff.
But for Emily and her family, they’re going to bed mad.
“He’s a great, great man. He didn’t deserve this. I’m furious because whoever did this hurt someone who doesn’t deserve it — a good hard-working man,” she said.
Anyone with information, photos or video of the shooting was asked to call 801-799-3000.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)