Driver killed after walking into road following crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A 65-year-old man from West Valley has died after he crashed into a concrete barrier on Interstate 215, then attempted to cross the road where he was struck by a van.
The incident happened around 12:49 a.m. Saturday near 1700 South.
Trooper Colton Freckleton with the Utah Highway Patrol said a Ford F-150 was traveling southbound on I-215 West when it crashed into the concrete median and slid.
The driver got out of the vehicle and started to walk across the road when he was hit by a white Chevy Express van.
Freckleton said the 65-year-old was dead upon UHP’s arrival.
Troopers aren’t sure why he walked into the lanes of traffic, but they suspect he was intoxicated as alcohol containers were found inside the truck.
The man’s identity has not been released.
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 86721)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 55465)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 43765)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 28658)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 19844)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 18700)
- Private investigator surprised search warrant hasn’t been served at house of Gabby Petito’s boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12919)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9483)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito (pageviews: 9462)