Salt Lake County rolls out new COVID-19 vaccination campaign
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County health officials have rolled out their latest campaign to persuade Utahns who are reluctant to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
Health leaders are giving a voice to those who have been significantly impacted by COVID-19 through the campaign, which is called, “The Truth About COVID.”
A few of those Utahns featured in the campaign shared some of their experience Tuesday morning at the Salt Lake County Government Center. They come from all walks of life – business owners, creative professionals, doctors, nurses, teachers and communities of color.
Shelley Wenzbauer, a high school biology teacher, talked about her husband’s battle with leukemia and why it’s important people around her are vaccinated and wear masks.
“There’s just really is no medicine or artificial help that he can receive to overcome this loss in his own immune system and wearing masks and getting vaccinated as a community is the only thing that is really going to keep him safe,” she said.
Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson said since January, 85% of Utahns who died from COVID-19 were unvaccinated.
With just a 1% increase each week of those getting vaccinated in Salt Lake County, Dr. Angela Dunn said that’s not enough to keep up with the rate of COVID-19 cases – which is well over 1,000 a day.
For locations of free COVID-19 vaccine clinics, you can visit thisisourshot.com.
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18148)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10709)
- Young man who was accidentally invited to 'grandma's' Thanksgiving as a teen celebrates 6th year of dinner together (pageviews: 7286)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected (pageviews: 6853)
- FDA forces Utah-based company Owlet to pull baby monitor sock off the market (pageviews: 5604)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria (pageviews: 5589)
- Some Old Spice and Secret deodorants recalled after cancer-causing chemical is detected – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4641)
- Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people (pageviews: 4585)
- Tooele family warns of E. coli after daughter nearly dies in the hospital (pageviews: 4101)