Utah man returns home after being hospitalized with COVID-19
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah – After more than two months in the hospital, battling COVID-19, Russell Greene arrived home Tuesday morning to an official police escort and cheering family and friends.
“This day came faster than I thought it would because of the miracles that took place to get us here,” said Russell’s wife, Mindy Greene.
Before getting out of the car, Russell was embraced by his father through the window. The two haven’t seen each other since Russell was admitted to the hospital on July 1st.
“I think he’s doing better than any of us expected,” said Kim Greene. “I literally told him that this was the best and happiest day of my life.”
VIDEO: "I love you guys"
Russell Greene's family made national headlines by sharing their story of regret about not getting vaccinated
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) September 14, 2021
Russell then hugged his wife and four children.
Through labored breathing, he spoke to the crowd gathered in front of his house.
“I love you guys,” he said. “Thank you so much. Thank you for the prayers and for the fasting. I can’t believe I made it home.”
The Greene family made national headlines for sharing their story of regret about not getting the vaccine.
“There is so much misinformation out there about the vaccine and it’s scaring people and people are making their decisions based off of things that aren’t true,” said Mindy.
Mindy said she came to regret the decision to not vaccinate her family after the couple’s sons came home from summer camp with the delta variant.
Russell, 42, then became infected and was admitted to the ICU a few days later.
“If our story can help one person or hundreds of people from having to experience what we’ve experienced, then it’s worth it to me,” she said. “To face death and to be able to come out and tell people that there’s a way to not have to face death, it’s a good message to share.”
Mindy now encourages those still deciding about the vaccine to write down their questions and concerns.
Utah woman shares regret about not getting #COVID vaccine for her family after husband spent 2+ months in the hospital.
"The only reason why they are intubated and in the ICU fighting for their lives was because they were not vaccinated”
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) September 15, 2021
“Find somebody that you trust in the medical field that knows what they’re doing and ask them all of those questions so that you can have proper information to make that decision,” she said.
While at the hospital with her husband, Mindy said she watched other families lose loved ones to COVID-19.
She said there was a familiar story of perfectly healthy people with no preexisting conditions still becoming gravely ill.
“The only reason why they are intubated and in the ICU fighting for their lives was because they were not vaccinated,” she said.
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 86721)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 55465)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 43765)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 28658)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 19844)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 18700)
- Private investigator surprised search warrant hasn’t been served at house of Gabby Petito’s boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12919)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9483)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito (pageviews: 9462)