Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney
SALT LAKE CITY — Gabrielle Petito’s boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, released a statement through his attorneys Tuesday as the search for the missing 22-year old woman who was traveling through Utah continues.
“This is understandably an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family,” the statement said. “On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.”
Brian Laundrie's attorney released this about Gabrielle Petito's disappearance. Laundrie hasn't released any info publicly about why he went back to Florida without her.
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) September 14, 2021
Petito and Laundrie, her boyfriend of two years, saved up money, bought a van and decided to travel through the Mountain West in it — including various stops in Utah.
She hasn’t been seen or heard from in over two weeks.
Timeline of events
Laundrie and Petito’s road trip began July 2.
The two coined the journey with the hashtag #vanlife — and posted YouTube videos of their adventures through national parks like Zion, Arches and Bryce Canyon.
Petito’s father said he knows she was in Salt Lake City on Aug. 21 because he ordered them food during a power outage.
The last time Petito’s mother heard her daughter’s voice was on a call on Aug. 24, when the couple was about to go to the Grand Tetons.
Aug.30 was the last time Petito sent her mother a text. Then, over a week later, her parents officially reported her missing.
That same night, North Port Police in Florida located the van she was traveling in at her boyfriend’s parent’s home. Petito was not found there.
In the meantime, Florida investigators told KSL-TV they are tracking phone records, credit card statements and surveillance from where the couple was last known to be.
Police have not said whether they’ve submitted questions to Laundrie’s attorney yet, but they said it’s uncommon for a loved one to not immediately talk with authorities to help find a missing person.
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 86721)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 55465)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 43765)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 28658)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 19844)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 18700)
- Private investigator surprised search warrant hasn’t been served at house of Gabby Petito’s boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12919)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9483)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito (pageviews: 9462)