Two seriously injured after car crashes into City Creek Canyon
SALT LAKE CITY — One man was in critical condition and a woman was seriously injured after a car drove through a railing and crashed into City Creek Canyon.
Lt. Dave Cracroft with the Salt Lake City Police Department said the crash happened around 10 p.m. Wednesday near 11th Avenue and B street.
Officers said a white Tesla was traveling “pretty fast” around the corner when it crashed through the railing and into the canyon.
Police investigating a crash in City Creek Canyon this morning. A car carrying two people went right through the railing and in the canyon. Live reports on KSL Today. @KSL5TV
📸: @Derek_Photog pic.twitter.com/cwiVDAhEFg
— Tamara Vaifanua (@TamaraVaifanua) September 16, 2021
One person was ejected while the other occupant had to be pulled from the car.
“We have a male and a female that were in the car, the male has been called in very critical condition and I don’t think he is going to survive,” Cracroft said.
Police did not identify the victims but said both are in their mid-30s.
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7005)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 5837)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before Frontrunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 5000)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4518)
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dead at 73 (pageviews: 3279)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3198)