Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University
LOGAN, Utah — A mystery is unfolding underground at Utah State University in Cache County.
In the basement of the school’s library is a special collection of antiques, including artifacts, books, a table from the estate of King Henry VIII, and there’s a door. A very old door — dating back to the 1600s.
Somehow, the key to that door has been misplaced.
On Friday morning, a local locksmith came in to try some old skeleton keys in the door, but nothing fit.
Now, Jim Beazer said he’s going to have to use new technology to create a new key.
“Try and make it look as old and cool, just like the door is, when we have the final product,” said Beazer. “We’re going to order something that looks more period, and then file it to fit this.”
Beazer was so intrigued when he found out about the door that he’s doing this job for free.
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 7556)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 6298)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5748)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4510)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake (pageviews: 3680)
- 'Elf Emporium' for Festival of Trees is woman’s dying wish (pageviews: 3089)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 3051)
- Laundrie family hopes for answers after remains found (pageviews: 2590)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2517)