First Presidency asks Latter-day Saints to wear masks in temples, get COVID-19 vaccines
SALT LAKE CITY – A new letter from the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints asked members everywhere to wear face masks in Church temples and urged them to get the COVID vaccine.
“These safety protocols are temporary, based on COVID-19 conditions, and will be rescinded as soon as circumstances permit,” the letter says. “Please do all you can to protect yourself and others so the work of the Lord on both sides of the veil can move forward.”
The First Presidency of @Ch_JesusChrist sent a letter this morning to leaders requiring masks for temple patrons and workers while inside the temples… pic.twitter.com/BB6FV4Znd3
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 22, 2021
The First Presidency said the move is directly related to their desire to keep temples open, and they urged members to also get vaccinated against COVID-19.
“Our urging Church members to be vaccinated and to protect themselves and others from the spread of disease has precedent,” the letter read in part.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 34675)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 14695)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12863)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 10776)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 9730)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 9376)
- Body found under overpass at 600 North (pageviews: 6779)