First Presidency asks Latter-day Saints to wear masks in temples, get COVID-19 vaccines
SALT LAKE CITY – A new letter from the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints asked members everywhere to wear face masks in Church temples and urged them to get the COVID vaccine.
“These safety protocols are temporary, based on COVID-19 conditions, and will be rescinded as soon as circumstances permit,” the letter says. “Please do all you can to protect yourself and others so the work of the Lord on both sides of the veil can move forward.”
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 22, 2021
The First Presidency said the move is directly related to their desire to keep temples open, and they urged members to also get vaccinated against COVID-19.
“Our urging Church members to be vaccinated and to protect themselves and others from the spread of disease has precedent,” the letter read in part.
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 7556)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 6298)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5748)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4510)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake (pageviews: 3680)
- 'Elf Emporium' for Festival of Trees is woman’s dying wish (pageviews: 3089)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 3051)
- Laundrie family hopes for answers after remains found (pageviews: 2590)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2517)