Woman dies in Duchesne County during medical transport
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — A Vernal woman died after authorities said she had a medical episode while deputies were transporting her to a behavioral health facility in Utah County.
Officials with the Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office said 38-year-old Erica Marquez was being transported Saturday morning, as required by law, after she received a medical clearance at Ashley Regional Medical Center.
While deputies with the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office were taking her there, she started to experience a medical episode on U.S. Highway 40 near Myton, according to DCSO officials.
Deputies stopped the vehicle and began life-saving measures, but Marquez did not survive, even after an ambulance and Duchesne County Sheriff’s deputies responded to the scene.
Officials said the incident remains under investigation.
Her body has since been brought to the Medical Examiner’s Office for examination.
Additional information has not been released, according to Sheriff Travis Tucker with the Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office, pending autopsy results.
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 7556)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 6298)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5748)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4510)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake (pageviews: 3680)
- 'Elf Emporium' for Festival of Trees is woman’s dying wish (pageviews: 3089)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 3051)
- Laundrie family hopes for answers after remains found (pageviews: 2590)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2517)