SB I-15 reopens in Salt Lake County following large gravel spill
MURRAY, Utah — Southbound Interstate 15 has reopened in Salt Lake County following a gravel spill that covered all lanes.
The Utah Highway Patrol said traffic was being diverted off I-15 at 3300 South Wednesday afternoon, and the closure caused major delays.
The Utah Department of Transportation was using snowplows and street sweepers to clear the debris while the interstate was shut down.
Officials have not said what caused the truck to lose its loads on the interstate, and delays were beginning to clear around 2 p.m. Wednesday
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)