Documentary: Senior Church leaders talk about the power of councils and their role ‘Inside Church Headquarters’
KSL DOCUMENTARY – The Savior governs His Church through councils. This divine pattern is critical to the organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at every level.
This Church News documentary, titled “Inside Church Headquarters,” examines the essential role of councils in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, beginning with the Council of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and extending to stake, ward and family councils.
It highlights the need for women’s voices in councils. Members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and general women leaders also speak about the purpose and functions of three of the Church’s executive councils: the Missionary Executive Council, the Temple and Family History Executive Council, and the Priesthood and Family Executive Council.
“In the abundance of counsel, there is wisdom,” said President Dallin H. Oaks, first counselor in the First Presidency. “When the Prophet Joseph Smith was called, he taught the world, and he taught all of us for the first time, the first principle about the plan of salvation is that our Heavenly Father introduced it in a great council in heaven. So, as Latter-day Saints, we begin with councils.”
The council system, said President M. Russell Ballard, Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “is the way you move things safely and solidly from where it is to where it needs to be.”
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)