Car chase through Davis Co. leads to arrest
LAYTON, Utah — A man was taken into custody after police said he stole a car, then led officers on a chase through Davis County.
Sgt. Brett Felion with the Layton City Police Department said the incident began around 1:30 p.m. Saturday after the approximately 34-year-old man stole a vehicle from Young Chevrolet in Layton.
A pursuit initially started, but it was soon called off.
“He did some excessive speed, which is why officers backed off and shut down their lights,” said Felion.
The suspect was later located by Utah Highway Patrol troopers in Farmington.
Felion said he rammed into a UHP cruiser there, but fortunately, the trooper was not injured.
Another pursuit was initiated, which came back into Layton and eventually ended in Syracuse, where the man was taken into custody.
Felion said he was followed by an air unit for a majority of the pursuit.
Police have not released his identity.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)