Car chase through Davis Co. leads to arrest
LAYTON, Utah — A man was taken into custody after police said he stole a car, then led officers on a chase through Davis County.
Sgt. Brett Felion with the Layton City Police Department said the incident began around 1:30 p.m. Saturday after the approximately 34-year-old man stole a vehicle from Young Chevrolet in Layton.
A pursuit initially started, but it was soon called off.
“He did some excessive speed, which is why officers backed off and shut down their lights,” said Felion.
The suspect was later located by Utah Highway Patrol troopers in Farmington.
Felion said he rammed into a UHP cruiser there, but fortunately, the trooper was not injured.
Another pursuit was initiated, which came back into Layton and eventually ended in Syracuse, where the man was taken into custody.
Felion said he was followed by an air unit for a majority of the pursuit.
Police have not released his identity.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)