Colorado man hit, killed by semi-truck in Duchesne County
DUCHESNE, Utah — A 59-year-old Colorado man died after he was struck by a semi-truck on state Route 87, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
State troopers said the crash occurred around 3:05 a.m. Wednesday about 4 miles north of Duchesne.
The victim was helping a coworker back up a semi-truck when another semi-truck driver did not see the victim, who was directing traffic, and struck him, troopers said.
Drivers in the area reported wet roads Wednesday morning, but officials have not said if weather conditions were a contributing factor in the crash.
The victim’s name was not released and authorities said he was not wearing any reflective clothing.
Lanes on S.R. 87 were closed for approximately two hours while investigators were on scene. They have since reopened.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)