Colorado man hit, killed by semi-truck in Duchesne County
DUCHESNE, Utah — A 59-year-old Colorado man died after he was struck by a semi-truck on state Route 87, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
State troopers said the crash occurred around 3:05 a.m. Wednesday about 4 miles north of Duchesne.
The victim was helping a coworker back up a semi-truck when another semi-truck driver did not see the victim, who was directing traffic, and struck him, troopers said.
Drivers in the area reported wet roads Wednesday morning, but officials have not said if weather conditions were a contributing factor in the crash.
The victim’s name was not released and authorities said he was not wearing any reflective clothing.
Lanes on S.R. 87 were closed for approximately two hours while investigators were on scene. They have since reopened.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)