Man arrested in connection to Layton shooting
LAYTON, Utah — A 36-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a shooting that injured one person, according to officials with the Layton Police Department.
Officers said Aaron Gaitan was booked into the Davis County Jail on several charges, including aggravated assault and aggravated robbery.
Police said Gaitan and the victim, a 35-year-old man, were fighting near 385 North Main Street around 1 a.m. Wednesday when Gaitan shot the man in the leg.
The victim was taken to an area hospital for injuries that were not considered to be life-threatening, and he was released hours later.
Gaitan was located by police later in the day and booked into jail. Detectives were on scene until approximately 10:40 a.m. Wednesday.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)