Teen hospitalized, suspect in custody after stabbing at Logan park
LOGAN, Utah — A 15-year-old boy was stabbed at a park Wednesday night, according to officials with the Logan Police Department.
Witnesses reported several individuals were punching and kicking each other near the batting cages at Willow Park, located at 500 South and 700 West.
Officers said the suspect pulled a knife and stabbed the victim during the fight. Witnesses told police the suspect then fled the scene in a car.
An officer located the suspect’s car on 1000 West near 600 South a short time later and took the man into custody.
Additional officers responded to the park and located the victim, who was conscious and breathing. He was transported to Logan Regional Hospital to be treated for stab wounds that were not considered to be life-threatening.
Police said they obtained a search warrant for the suspect’s vehicle and detectives were processing both crime scenes and interviewing witnesses.
“As this is an active investigation, no further details will be released at this time,” police said in a press release.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)