U of U officer dies on duty, police confirm
SALT LAKE CITY — Officials have confirmed the death of a University of Utah Police officer while on the job Wednesday.
Deputy Chief Jason Hinojosa confirmed to KSL TV that a University Police officer died while on duty today.
We are devastated that U Police Sergeant Kory Newbold passed away today from a medical condition while on duty. He was a beloved member of our team and had served the U community since 2014. Our hearts and thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time.
— University of Utah Police (@UofUPolice) October 13, 2021
The officer has since been identified as Seargeant Kory Newbold. Police say he died from an unspecified medical condition.
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7005)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 5837)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before Frontrunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 5000)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4518)
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dead at 73 (pageviews: 3279)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3198)