U of U officer dies on duty, police confirm
SALT LAKE CITY — Officials have confirmed the death of a University of Utah Police officer while on the job Wednesday.
Deputy Chief Jason Hinojosa confirmed to KSL TV that a University Police officer died while on duty today.
We are devastated that U Police Sergeant Kory Newbold passed away today from a medical condition while on duty. He was a beloved member of our team and had served the U community since 2014. Our hearts and thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time.
— University of Utah Police (@UofUPolice) October 13, 2021
The officer has since been identified as Seargeant Kory Newbold. Police say he died from an unspecified medical condition.
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 7556)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 6298)
- Missing teen returns home to Eagle Mountain – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5748)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4510)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake (pageviews: 3680)
- 'Elf Emporium' for Festival of Trees is woman’s dying wish (pageviews: 3089)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 3051)
- Laundrie family hopes for answers after remains found (pageviews: 2590)
- Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2517)