Police searching for suspect who attacked 75-year-old Orem man
OREM, Utah — A 75-year-old Orem man is on the mend after surviving a brutal beating earlier this week.
Doug Walters said he was punched multiple times in the face after telling a young man he couldn’t park in his cul de sac.
“This eye was swollen up so I couldn’t see out of it,” said Walters.
The 75-year-old told KSL TV he wasn’t looking to pick a fight when he went outside in his slippers and pajamas at 6:30 a.m. Saturday.
Walters says the man who assaulted him was passed out in his car when he knocked on the window.
“I said, ‘dude, you aren’t supposed to park here.’ And he just grabbed me,” said Walters “Then he put his fists up, and I put mine up ,and I could feel boom boom boom.”
Walters doesn’t remember if he blacked out, but he noticed he was lying in the middle of the road in front of his home at some point.
“To his slight credit he helped me up, so he wasn’t a super jerk,” Walters said about the assailant.
After knocking him down and helping him back up, Walters walked back into the house and called police, while the suspect sped away.
The suspect is described as a Polynesian male in his mid-20s 5‘8“ with black curly hair. He drives a gray Volvo Stationwagon with a rusted hood and bent rim.
If you have information you are asked to call Orem Police.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)