Police investigating stabbing incident at Pioneer Park
Oct 17, 2021, 9:57 PM | Updated: 9:58 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating after a 42-year-old man was stabbed multiple times in Pioneer Park.
The incident happened around 7 p.m. Saturday.
Lt. Steve Wooldridge with the Salt Lake City Police Department said responding officers assisted the victim by putting some tourniquets on him while they waited for medical personnel to arrive.
The man was then transported to the hospital in serious condition.
Wooldridge said police are still looking for the suspect, who fled from the scene.
They believe the suspect is still armed with knives and possibly something else.
Additional details were not immediately available.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)