Idaho father fighting for his life in Utah hospital after dirt biking crash
PROVO, Utah — An Idaho man is fighting for his life at Utah Valley Hospital after suffering a severe brain injury during a dirt biking trip.
Tanner Chadwick, 29, and friends were riding dunes at “Silk Hill” in Caineville, near Capitol Reef National Park, when he crashed Saturday. A friend on the trip called his wife, Camille Chadwick, with the news.
“He said, ‘Yeah, Tanner had a crash. He is unconscious but he is breathing on his own,” she said.
— Ashley Moser (@AshleyMoser) October 19, 2021
Tanner Chadwick was airlifted to the hospital while his wife made the three-hour trip from Blackfoot, Idaho, to Provo. She said when she arrived, her husband was placed in a coma after scans revealed a deep midbrain tear.
“The torque of hitting just sheered his midbrain and (the doctor) said this is probably one of the worst places in the brain to have an injury,” Camille Chadwick said. “It’s just a waiting game. We just wait to see if the midbrain can heal itself and wake him up or if … if it doesn’t.”
Chadwick and her 2-year-old son are receiving support from the community through a GoFundMe* account set up to help with expenses. She said the response from friends and even complete strangers has been overwhelming.
“It’s just so thoughtful and I know that Tanner would feel so special and so loved if he knew that everybody was rooting for him,” she said.
Chadwick hopes the prayers continue and hopes her husband pulls through.
“He can take his time healing. He can take his time coming back but we need him to come back. His son needs his dad,” she said.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Michigan school shooting suspect and his parents were isolated in the same facility and under suicide watch, sheriff said (pageviews: 7050)
- Michigan school officials had legal grounds to search shooting suspect's backpack and locker but did not, prosecutor says (pageviews: 3706)
- Missionary in serious but stable condition after being shot multiple times (pageviews: 3561)
- Daycare closed for meth contamination after child pornography charges (pageviews: 2809)
- Lighting Letdown: Customers call Gephardt after professional holiday light installer goes silent (pageviews: 2651)
- San Francisco restaurant owners apologize after refusing service to on-duty police officers (pageviews: 2381)
- One injured after road-rage shooting on SR 201 (pageviews: 1846)
- Utah woman sews success with her own online quilt shop (pageviews: 1806)
- Utah woman sews success with her own online quilt shop – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1783)