Man arrested in connection to Pioneer Park stabbing, SLC burglary
SALT LAKE CITY — A 26-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a stabbing at Pioneer Park that seriously injured a 42-year-old man, according to officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Officers said Ibrahim Albasis has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of aggravated assault, aggravated burglary and criminal mischief.
Police responded to Pioneer Park around 7 p.m. Saturday after receiving reports that a man had been stabbed multiple times.
Officers arrived and treated the victim using tourniquets before transporting the man to an area hospital with serious injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
On Tuesday, police responded to an in-progress burglary near 100 South and 300 East around 8 a.m.
“Officers arrived on scene and saw the suspect hitting the apartment door with an ax while holding a knife,” police said.
Albasis was taken into custody at that point. During their investigation, officers discovered he was also connected to Saturday’s stabbing in Pioneer Park.
Investigators said Albasis was invited to the apartment Monday night before he was asked to leave and was told he was no longer welcomed.
Police said Albasis returned to the apartment Tuesday morning and tried breaking the door down using an ax while the tenants inside held the door shut, fearing for their safety.
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7248)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 6434)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5770)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 3609)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3453)
- UPDATE: Police finds missing girl, safe and reunited with family (pageviews: 3124)