Ed Sheeran has COVID, will do performances from home
British pop star Ed Sheeran said Sunday he has tested positive for COVID-19 and will do interviews and performances from his house while he self-isolates.
Sheeran, 30, broke the news on social media days before his new studio album is due out.
“Quick note to tell you that I’ve sadly tested positive for Covid, so I’m now self-isolating and following government guidelines,” Sheeran wrote on Instagram. “It means that I’m now unable to plough ahead with any in person commitments for now, so I’ll be doing as many of my planned interviews/performances I can from my house. Apologies to anyone I’ve let down.”
Sheeran had just been announced as the musical guest on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” on Nov. 6.
Representatives did not immediately say which performances he is canceling and which he will carry out from home.
Sheeran’s official website lists no performances before April. The four-time Grammy winner’s new studio album is called “=,” which is pronounced “Equals.”
- Michigan school shooting suspect and his parents were isolated in the same facility and under suicide watch, sheriff said (pageviews: 7050)
- Michigan school officials had legal grounds to search shooting suspect's backpack and locker but did not, prosecutor says (pageviews: 3706)
- Missionary in serious but stable condition after being shot multiple times (pageviews: 3561)
- Daycare closed for meth contamination after child pornography charges (pageviews: 2809)
- Lighting Letdown: Customers call Gephardt after professional holiday light installer goes silent (pageviews: 2651)
- San Francisco restaurant owners apologize after refusing service to on-duty police officers (pageviews: 2381)
- One injured after road-rage shooting on SR 201 (pageviews: 1846)
- Utah woman sews success with her own online quilt shop (pageviews: 1806)
- Utah woman sews success with her own online quilt shop – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1783)