One dead, three injured after head-on crash near Pineview Reservoir
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — One person was killed and three others, including a 9-year-old child, were injured after a head-on crash Sunday, according to officials with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Troopers said the crash occurred south of Pineview Reservoir on state Route 39 after an Audi S3 abruptly crossed the double yellow center lines and hit a Dodge pickup truck.
The Audi stopped near the crash site while the truck left the roadway, rolled onto its top and came to a rest in a dirt pullout next to the reservoir.
Officials said the driver of the Audi was pronounced dead at the scene and an adult passenger was hospitalized in serious condition. A 9-year-old child, who troopers said was not properly restrained, was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
Authorities said the driver of the pickup truck suffered injuries to his lower extremities.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)