Companies looking to hire thousands for holiday season
SALT LAKE CITY — Every year companies add staff to satisfy massive spikes in demand during the holidays, and this year is no different.
However, consider the fact that Utah has thousands of positions unfilled under normal circumstances — and the past year has been anything but normal.
Bottom line, employers don’t just want you — they need you now.
Who’s hiring for the holidays?
Here’s the list of the typical seasonal employers boosting their numbers:
UPS is offering $15 an hour to start with sign-on bonuses. The company is looking to add 1,300 employees for the holidays in the Salt Lake City area.
Temporary holiday clerk assistant jobs at United States Postal Service locations along the Wasatch Front pay upwards of $18 an hour.
And Amazon just announced they’re hoping to hire 1,300 seasonal workers in and around Salt Lake, starting them at $18 an hour.
It’s an annual announcement that these temporary jobs could be made permanent and lead to careers, and it seems like, with fierce competition for jobs in the service and retail sectors this year, it just might mean that much more.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)