Sleepless in Salt Lake as Utah tops the list of ‘most sleepless state’ in the US
Is Utah really the most sleepless state in the United States?
An analysis of Google searches shows that it is, at least according to a mattress retailer. Neighbors to the north in Idaho finished third in the same analysis.
The look at sleeplessness was based on four search terms that provide a pretty good clue at what people hope to find on the internet and in their own lives. The search terms:
- I can’t sleep
- How to sleep
- Sleep help
- Better sleep
The Beehive State seems to at least be the state that turns to Google seeking answers on how to get better rest more than any state. No state searched for “How to sleep” more than Utah, though Hawaii made it close.
Amerisleep ranked each of the four searches from 1 to 50 and then added the results together to arrive at a number. Utah had the lowest number, 23, meaning it ranked highest in each of the categories, including number one for “How to sleep.”
While not a scientific study, Utahns are certainly busy trying to learn more about better sleep at their keyboards because the state’s residents ranked fourth in “better sleep” seventh in “sleep help” and 11th in “I can’t sleep” for a combined lowest score of 23, one lower than second-place Hawaii’s 24.
Idaho scored 37 Google-search points for third place, well ahead of Kentucky with 47. New York was the state with the lowest search term totals for 180 points.
If you are wondering about Washington, highlighted by the well known Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan movie “Sleepless In Seatle,” it finished with 97 points, right in the middle at 23rd place.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)