Airline boarding pass means free ride to airport via UTA
Passengers heading to Salt Lake’s airport can travel for free via UTA with an airline boarding pass through the end of January.
The free fare is valid only on the date shown on the boarding pass, but includes buses, TRAX, FrontRunner, UTA on demand and the S-line streetcar. The promotion is good through Jan. 31, 2022.
The new airport TRAX station opened a week ago. Previously riders had to exit at a temporary station and board a shuttle if they were heading to the airport. UTA spokesperson Carl Arky said it shaves approximately seven minutes from the commute.
The free fare is valid on the date indicated on the boarding pass. Passengers just show a printed or electronic boarding pass to a bus driver or fare inspector as proof of fare.
FrontRunner does not operate on Sundays but the promotional means that from most places between Ogden and Provo, passengers can get to the airport by way of public transportation for free.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)