Halloween house in West Valley City prepared to welcome guests all weekend
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — One Utah house is all decked out to welcome kids all weekend long with their Rock-n-Roll Heaven Boneyard.
With Halloween landing on a Sunday- a school night and day of religious significance for many- this year many families are choosing to go our Saturday evening. That’s according to our informal poll of more than 450 votes on Twitter.
Roughly 64-percent of folks are going out on Saturday, 20-percent say they will go out both nights, and 15-percent say they will go out on Sunday.
It’s why Michelle Souders says they’ll be jamming out here all weekend in their “Rock and Roll Heaven Boneyard.
It’s the stuff legends are made and it only happens once a year that skeletons come to life on Michelle Souders front yard.
“Honestly, the parents are going to have more fun guessing who they are this year,” Souders said.
It’s one of the most anticipated Halloween House displays on the block with everything going over the top.
“My kids grew up and moved away and it just got out of hand and I’ve loved it ever since,” Souder said.
“The boneyard this year presents Rock and Roll Heaven so the object is to come out and see how many you can guess we have 24 rock-and-roll stars all dressed up,” Souders said.
Michelle says it takes months of planning and countless hours of work to get this just right.
“It’s for the kids, all this for the kids,” Souders said,” I have kids leaving me cute little notes like, ‘you’re house is the best house’ and it is just wonderful.”
Which is why Michelle says having Halloween on Sunday this year is like a trick and a treat. She’ll be dishing out the candy all weekend.
“I’m not going to be a dream crusher so whatever they want, I’m open,” Souders said.
Souders home is located at 4183 West 3800 South in West Valley City.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)