Two killed after car crashes into UDOT incident management truck on I-15
FARMINGTON, Utah — A woman and a child died following a crash on Interstate 15 in Farmington on Sunday, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
State troopers said the crash occurred around 6 p.m. when a white Infiniti G35, occupied by a female driver and child passenger, struck a Utah Department of Transportation incident management truck.
Authorities said the UDOT truck was stopped on the right shoulder with its emergency equipment activated after helping a motorist.
The Infiniti was in the second-to-right lane when troopers said it swerved to the right, for an unknown reason, crossing the right-hand lane and hitting the truck “at a high rate of speed.”
Emergency crews said the driver of the Infiniti, an adult woman, was pronounced dead on scene. A 10-year-old boy, who was in the back seat, was airlifted to an area hospital where he later died.
Troopers said the UDOT truck driver suffered minor injuries and was released from an area hospital later that night.
Southbound I-15 was closed near Park Lane in Farmington for four hours Sunday night. Officials did not release the victims’ identities.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)