Victims identified in fatal crash on I-15
OREM, Utah — Officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety have released the names of the woman and boy who were killed by a suspected drunk driver on Interstate 15 in Orem.
The victims were identified Monday as 43-year-old Season M. Dow of Tampa, Florida, and 16-year-old Tobias A. Dow of American Fork, Utah.
The crash happened near milepost 272 around 12:05 a.m Sunday.
DPS officials said a Toyota pickup was traveling southbound on I-15 when it drifted into the emergency lane and struck a Kia passenger car that was stopped there.
Season and Tobias Dow were in that vehicle.
Season, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, was pronounced dead at the scene, while Tobias was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Unfortunately, he passed away at the hospital.
The driver of the pickup was not injured, but she was arrested for suspicion of DUI.
A GoFundMe* account has been set up for the family.
*KSL-TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)