Pediatrician behind state’s COVID kid vaccine ad encourages families to book appointments
OGDEN, Utah — Pediatrician Dr. Christina Lau has had a lot of parents come to her with concerns over getting their children vaccinated against COVID-19. She often responds to the questions with encouragement and applauds when families ask for information.
“I tell them it is OK to feel insecure about it. It’s OK to say ‘I need more information about it,’” said Lau, who works with MountainStar Ogden Pediatrics on the hospital campus of Ogden Regional Medical Center.
She encourages parents who are on the fence about getting young ones immunized to start a conversation with their child’s doctor.
— Ashley Moser (@AshleyMoser) November 5, 2021
“With this pandemic, we see how miscommunication and misinformation has caused damage on multiple communities,” she said. “To me, it is really important to put the facts out there.”
Most recently she participated in the state’s COVID-19 kid vaccine campaign, which hit social media Thursday. She hopes the ad helps those in search of answers. It is something she is passionate about as a health care provider and a mother.
“I would never recommend anything to you that I would not give to my kids,” she said.
Lau’s son was born with a heart condition, so getting family members of all ages immunized was important. It is something she is now able to do after vaccines for children ages 5-11 were given the green light by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention this week.
“I was terrified every day coming back from work to my family. So having the vaccine available for him — it was a relief,” Lau said.
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7248)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 6434)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5770)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 3609)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3453)
- UPDATE: Police finds missing girl, safe and reunited with family (pageviews: 3124)