Crews investigating fire that damaged Cedar City home
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A home in Cedar City was damaged after a fire broke out in the attic.
The incident happened at 221 Casa Loma Lane just before 2 a.m. Saturday.
Fire Capt. Lowell Sorensen with the Cedar City Fire Department said there were five occupants inside the residence.
He said they were able to evacuate after the smoke alarms went off, adding that they did not sustain any injuries.
According to Sorenson, an estimated 25-50% of the home was damaged by the fire. The roof was burned off and there was significant water damage to the first floor and the basement.
No other structures were burned by the blaze.
The cause remains under investigation.
Sorenson said they do not suspect foul play.
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7248)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 6434)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5770)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 3609)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3453)
- UPDATE: Police finds missing girl, safe and reunited with family (pageviews: 3124)