Crews investigating fire that damaged Cedar City home
Nov 6, 2021, 7:31 PM
(Photo by Scott Barbour/Getty Images)
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A home in Cedar City was damaged after a fire broke out in the attic.
The incident happened at 221 Casa Loma Lane just before 2 a.m. Saturday.
Fire Capt. Lowell Sorensen with the Cedar City Fire Department said there were five occupants inside the residence.
He said they were able to evacuate after the smoke alarms went off, adding that they did not sustain any injuries.
According to Sorenson, an estimated 25-50% of the home was damaged by the fire. The roof was burned off and there was significant water damage to the first floor and the basement.
No other structures were burned by the blaze.
The cause remains under investigation.
Sorenson said they do not suspect foul play.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 136150)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 26200)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 9800)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 9341)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 9283)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 6559)