Crews investigating fire that damaged Cedar City home
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A home in Cedar City was damaged after a fire broke out in the attic.
The incident happened at 221 Casa Loma Lane just before 2 a.m. Saturday.
Fire Capt. Lowell Sorensen with the Cedar City Fire Department said there were five occupants inside the residence.
He said they were able to evacuate after the smoke alarms went off, adding that they did not sustain any injuries.
According to Sorenson, an estimated 25-50% of the home was damaged by the fire. The roof was burned off and there was significant water damage to the first floor and the basement.
No other structures were burned by the blaze.
The cause remains under investigation.
Sorenson said they do not suspect foul play.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 8313)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 8203)
- Biden caught on hot mic swearing at Fox News reporter (pageviews: 6228)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 5505)
- CDC adds 5 more Caribbean island destinations to its highest level of travel risk – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4192)
- Former BYU professor heads to court Feb. 14 for 7 counts of sexual abuse (pageviews: 4034)
- Spirit Airlines to begin SLC flights in May (pageviews: 4017)
- Utah man suffers life-threatening burns after smoking near oxygen tank (pageviews: 3472)
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope reaches final stop, 1 million miles out (pageviews: 3398)