Church leaders dedicate the Pocatello Idaho Temple
POCATELLO, Idaho — The newest temple, and the latest in Idaho for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was dedicated Sunday in Pocatello.
President M. Russell Ballard, acting president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, presided over the three meetings, which were held at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m.
Other Church leaders, including Elder Neil L. Andersen, Elder S. Gifford Nielsen and Elder Gary B. Sabin, were also in attendance.
A devotional was held the night before for approximately 6,000 young men and women and local Church leaders.
The Church’s newest house of the Lord has been dedicated in Pocatello, Idaho, by @BallardMRussell of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. A youth devotional and cornerstone ceremony were held for the Pocatello Idaho Temple. https://t.co/xgjx3fPG63
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) November 7, 2021
Plans to build the Pocatello Idaho Temple were announced by late Church President Thomas S. Monson during the April 2017 General Conference.
Ground was officially broken in the spring of 2019.
Two years later, a public open house was held in September and October, which brought more than 250,000 visitors, according to Church officials.
The three-story building, located at 3100 Butte Street, is approximately 71,000 square feet.
It’s the sixth temple in the state of Idaho, joining temples in Boise, Idaho Falls, Meridian, Rexburg and Twin Falls.
In 2021, Church President Russell M. Nelson announced the building of two additional temples in Burley and Rexburg North.
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7248)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 6434)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5770)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 3609)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3453)
- UPDATE: Police finds missing girl, safe and reunited with family (pageviews: 3124)